Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Joke of the day

A man had dinner with his three best friends and said, "I have some very bad news: I have just heard that I only have two months to live and I want to ask you a favour." He handed them each an envelope containing £10,000. "Could you throw these envelopes into my grave in case I need the money for the resurrection?" The friends agreed and at the funeral two months later threw the envelopes as requested.
Six months later, the three friends reconvened. One of them, a social worker, said, "I am afraid I have a confession to make. £10,000 seemed such a lot of money to throw away so I took out £2000 and gave it to a local children's charity and only threw in £8000."
"I too must confess," said another who was a vicar. "My church desperately needed £4000 for repairs so I only threw in £6000."
The third friend, a lawyer, was appalled and berated the others for cheating their late friend. "My envelope contained a cheque for the full amount," he said.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I'll sign up that lawyer. He is obviously one step ahead. Very clever and cunning...

10:19 am  
Blogger kinglear said...

I can't believe the lawyer even gave him a cheque....

11:37 am  
Blogger Mopsa said...

I've not heard that one before - will file it away for ron.

12:15 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Love it!

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home