Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memory

Pictorial association is a good way to improve one's memory. For example, if you wanted to remember all the plays by Shakespeare beginning with T (not including those starting with the word "The") you could imagine a boat on Twelfth Night in a Tempest with Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus and Troilus and Cressida sitting opposite Two Gentlemen of Verona, with the shrieking of the Taming of the Shrew in the background. I have been trying to master this recently but was mortified yesterday on my return from the supermarket when I realised that I'd forgotten my handbag and had left it in the trolley in the car park. I drove back from Winchester to Romsey and, crestfallen, approached the Welcome Desk at Waitrose. Joy of joy, somebody had handed it in, contents intact!

5 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Mrs. Lear frequently has the same problem - shopping intact/car lost.MOST frequently, phone lost.

8:58 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Found the teapot in the fridge the other day!

10:20 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Was it good iced tea, ED?

1:01 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Glad you got the bag back intact, WW. I try to make words out of mental lists, eg, "PAST" would mean I have to get pasta, apples, sugar and tea!

10:56 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Good one, WL!

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home