Friday, November 22, 2013

Bad joke of the day


Paddy and Mick were walking along a street in London.

Paddy looked in one of the shop windows and saw a sign which caught his eye. It said, "Suits £15 each, Shirts £3.50 each, Trousers £4.50 per pair."

Paddy said to his pal, "Mick, look at those prices! We could buy a whole lot of those and when we get back to Ireland we could make a fortune. Now when we go in, stay quiet ok? Let me do all da talking 'cause if they hear our accents, they might think we're thickos from Ireland and try to screw us. I'll put on me best English accent."

"Roight y'are Paddy, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will. You do all da business," said Mick.

They went in and Paddy said in a posh voice, "Hello my good man, I'll take 50 suits at £15 each, 100 shirts at £3 each and 50 pairs of trousers at £4.50 each. And oy'll back up me truck to load 'em on, so I will."

The owner of the shop said, "You're from Ireland, aren't you?"

"Well yes," said a surprised Paddy. "What gave it away?"

The owner replied, "This is a dry cleaners."

3 Comments:

Blogger Eurodog said...

Very funny, WW.

7:57 pm  
Anonymous Paddy Portinari said...

Don't get it!

On anothr issue you should be aware that there is to be a mini Goodwood next September to mark the 50th anniversary of the last race at the old Lewes race course. I'd better speak to you about it.

8:55 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Yes please Portinari!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home