Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dreams of the dead (part 2)

I have now had six dreams of my mother coming back from the dead. In the most recent one she said she can't keep coming back like this because she's too busy. After Duckers' memorial dinner, I dreamed that I was in a crowded room and that he came in looking rather serious and wearing a suit. I realised that he'd come back from the dead and went over to speak to him. Sadly, we had the briefest of conversations: I asked him how he was and he said, not very convincingly, "OK."

7 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

I can't remember who said it, but a dying man, when asked how he was, said " On the whole I'm rather be in Cincinnati". At least I think that's what he said.
Dreaming of dead people is supposed to show strong emotional ties.

10:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My maternal grandmother died when I was six years of age, and I was most upset. I asked my mother if I would ever see her again. My mother, being a religious person, said that one day we would. I took this literally and then dreamt several times that she was ringing the doorbell of our house and I would answer it and be delighted to see that 'Granny's here!', and I was most disappointed to wake up and find that she was not.

6:06 pm  
Blogger marymaryquitecontrary said...

Perhaps your mother is saying;"dont't worry about me I am fine". Good if you can believe that she is still around.

2:56 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

She certainly looks well, Mary. She's been all different ages ranging from a beauitiful early 20s to in her 60s (she was 81 when she died). It gives me great hope and comfort to see her and once she hugged me.

3:10 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

When times are though, I call my paternal grandmother for help.
She is there and she does help.

3:51 pm  
Blogger marymaryquitecontrary said...

That is a wonderful thing to be happening. Have you read "For one more Day" Mitch Alboom.

6:38 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

ED - that's very comforting

Mary - no I haven't read that. Shall have a look for it.

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home