Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Who's that man?


Over the shoulder of my lunch companion in London yesterday, I noticed a familiar face. He was wearing a smart tweed jacket, a crisp starched white shirt and an elegant tie. "Look discreetly behind to your left," I asked my friend, "and tell me the name of that man." "It's Chris Eubank, the boxer!" came the reply. Mr Eubank's mobile was ringing furiously during his lunch, although to be fair to him, it was on silent. Anyway, the result was he kept jumping up and walking away from his table to chat to the caller so I had a good view of his outfit. His jacket was three-quarter length and beautifully tailored, however, he wore it over blue jeans and black leather shoes which I thought rather ruined the ensemble. In my view, brown suede shoes would have been better but perhaps you think, "never brown in Town"?

3 Comments:

Blogger Angus said...

Brown in town. Good heavens. Not entirely sure about three quarter length jackets either ... beautifully tailored or not.

9:42 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Too untrad for you, Angus, but it was very smart!

10:50 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

He is a smart dresser. It's hard not to stare when you see a well known figure in the same vicinity. I wonder what those calls were all about..

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home