Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bad joke of the day

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year and every year Morris would say to Esther, “Esther, I’d like to ride in that helicopter.”

Every year, Esther replied, “I know, Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.”

One year Morris and Esther went to the fair and Morris said, “Esther, I’m 85 years old and if I don’t ride that helicopter I may never get another chance.”

To this, Esther replied, “I know, Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.”

The pilot overheard the couple and said, “Folks, I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire trip and don’t say a word, I won’t charge you a cent, but, if you say one word, I’ll charge you fifty dollars.”

Morris and Esther agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy manoeuvres but not a word was heard.

He did his daredevil tricks over and over again but no word was uttered.

When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, “By golly, I did everything I could to make you yell out but you didn’t. I’m impressed!”

Morris replied, “Well to be honest I nearly said something when Esther fell out but, you know, fifty dollars is fifty dollars!”

4 Comments:

Blogger Angus said...

Funniest I've heard in ages !

7:46 am  
Anonymous Portinari aka Icarus said...

Reminds me of the first helicopter flight I took. I was being flown by a Fleet Air Arm friend. I foolishly asked him what would happen if the engine failed. 'I'll show you' he said and promptly disengaged the engine. We were at about 2000'. Horror of all horrors but he did switch on the engine pretty near the deck, or so it seemed to me. A bit of a 'change the drawers' sort of day!

A Very Happy Christmas to you dear WW and to all your fascinating followers.

9:17 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

LOL Portinari - Merry Christmas to you too and to the lovely Signora Portinari!

11:38 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

That's a good one, WW.

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home