Monday, March 18, 2013

Nightmare of the day


Last night I dreamed that I was part of a team of four spies visiting a foreign inteliigence HQ. We were given badges at the entrance. However, there was no badge with my name on, only one with the name Diana. Diana was one of our chief spies and I took the badge reluctantly as I was worried I'd be an assassination target carrying her ID. After we entered the building, the lights went off. I couldn't see where the others had gone. I had to feel my way around and there was very little air so I could hardly breathe. At one point I was cocooned in a tunnel of soft material at a 45 degree angle, pushed in from all sides, barely able to move forward and desperate for oxygen. At last there was a blast of fresh air and a flash of light. I was in a bedroom which had a staircase going up from it. I saw a dead body on the bed and a man running up the stairs ahead. I ran upstairs behind him and the light went out again. In the dark at the top of the stairs there was an illuminated sign: "Unit for causing Psychological Breakdown". I wept and then woke up (not weeping!).
Memo to self: don't eat mozzarella late at night!

10 Comments:

Blogger Eurodog said...

OMG, WW.
What had you been drinking with the mozzarella? A wine too rich in tanines perhaps.
Or maybe you had been watching Spiral on BBC4. That gave me nightmares.

3:46 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Hi ED. I don't think it was due to the excellent 09 Burgundy I had at lunchtime. I haven't seen Spiral but from what you say, it may not be a good idea!

5:36 pm  
Anonymous Portinari the Dreamer said...

Trouble is that while I do have most interesting and exotic dreams I forget them within half an hour of surfacing. Perhaps I should attack the mozzarella. Good news- I am reliably informed by my french prof that 'Spiral' or, en francais - 'Engrenages' will return at the end of this year.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Tres bien Portinari

9:23 pm  
Anonymous kinglear said...

Here in Scotland the belief is that you get the opposite of dreams - so that's ok then...

8:05 am  
Blogger janerowena said...

I think you should keep up the cheese-eating, use the resulting dreams to write a best-seller and re-name yourself Viveka Vinchestersson.

I had a feeling that Engrenages would be back, it's good to know.

9:29 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Oh good, KL!

LOL JR.

10:07 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

There you have it, WW. Italian cheese, French wine, Spiral/Engrenages + all the Scandinavian thrillers Plus the Julia Child's cookbook and all is well here on earth!

10:34 am  
Anonymous kinglear said...

I have been working on a spoof Nordic Noir - not very funny but follows the main themes - jumpers,ABBA, Volvos etc etc

9:33 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Sounds amusing, KL

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home