Thursday, October 10, 2013

What a question!


It has been an eventful fortnight. My poor dear father had considerable pain in his leg so went to have it x-rayed in hospital. The x-ray was fine: no fracture, hurrah! They then thought he had a tumour but further investigation proved them incorrect. Now he's caught a hospital infection.
"If his heart stops, shall we resuscitate him?" the nurse asked.
"Yes of course!" I replied.
"It can be very dangerous at his age. We don't advise it," she said.
"Is this some kind of Monty Python sketch?"  I thought.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eurodog said...

This is awful, WW.
Nursing staff say this sort of thing? I am shocked.

3:25 pm  
Blogger janerowena said...

Well - I laughed. Was shocked. was angry. All in a second. My young niece is in for a tumour removal next week, until now I was more worried that she could catch a viral infection before the event rather than after. I hope my sister hasn't thought if it.

4:14 pm  
Blogger Angus said...

People simply wouldn't understand what you're going through. Having been through this three times in the last ten years, you have our sympathy and understanding. When did it become like this ?

4:15 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Quite,ED!

Hi JR - I hope your niece's operation goes well. All best wishes to her and to your family.

Hi Angus - sorry to hear you've been through this three times. He has mild dementia but not so bad that he didn't make a joke when the nurse said today that the antibiotics were making him delirious. I hope he'll be out of hospital next week. Hi lack of sight coupled with his dementia makes him forget he's in hospital, which is good!

5:49 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Have a drink, WW.

8:15 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Sante, ED!

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home