Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Limehouse lynchers

My friend's colleague was cycling back from Canary Wharf to Waterloo yesterday, along the Thames cycle path and when he reached Limehouse at around 7pm he was set upon by three men in balaclavas who stole his bike and wallet and threatened to beat him up. This man is 6 foot 4 and very fit so he legged it successfully, nevertheless, one would not have thought that a cycling path could be so perilous.
A man once tried to slip my handbag off my shoulder when I was coming up the steps out of Victoria tube station in the rush hour. He was behind me so I turned round to face him, seized his collar and shouted, “Drop it!” which he did. It’s easier to be brave in a crowd.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winchester - I love the way that you tantalise us by dangling your proposals for a posting topic on the blog just to attract our attention !

What is it the advertising luvvies say.? AIDA

Attention
Interest
Desire
Action

Like most men, I find there is a big time gap between desire and action, so I will post later, or my bath will get cold..All the best.

12:28 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Sorry about that - it wasn't deliberate! I've been having problems posting the text for the last couple of days.

2:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh ! What a feisty brave girl you are.. I think we need to return to the days when baddies could have their collars felt. Although one suspects that these days whatever a lady keeps in her handbag it may be best not to put up too much of a fight in case the miscreant has a knife.

Living in the provinces I have been burgled, but never 'mugged' or even threatened with that. I suspect it would be the final straw if it did and I would be heading back to the countryside. I get the impression that this threat is becoming more and more unavoidable in London..

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home