Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Signs

My Italian colleague was very excited last week as she saw a dove flying outside our window along Knightsbridge. This, coupled with a magnificent rainbow which she saw in Canary Wharf augured well for the new fund which we're in the process of launching. She was looking out of the window remembering the dove yesterday afternoon when she spotted it again: "Look, there it is again at exactly the same time!" I looked but missed it flying by. Gazing at the chimneypots down the road I spotted the white wing of a seagull.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side..it may have been an albatross..

4:13 pm  
Blogger marymaryquitecontrary said...

Or worse;one Magpie!!

2:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, absolutely, though all birds are beautiful, nice to see them in the cities particularly.

7:05 pm  
Blogger Janejill said...

I know they are on the increase but what a delight I had tonight - a huge flock of parakeets just swerved past my window; I am on the second floor and the window is huge -about 5metres wide - so a lot of birds fly straight towards it, then swing by at the last minute. The vivid colours were a delight, though I hear they are causing big problems for our native birds

10:01 pm  
Blogger kinglear said...

Magpies. They are the devil you know. You have to wave or salute them, or mutter an incantation under yoiur breath.
Seven swans flying, NOW you're talking

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home