Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dog on the line

A train from London to Winchester came to a screeching halt the other night and passengers were told there was a dog on the line. The driver got out, picked it up and took it back into his cabin, "It's a Staffordshire bull terrier," he informed the train, "and I'll drop it off at the next station, Wimbledon." There was a 20 minute wait at Wimbledon, which was an unscheduled stop on that service. The train set off once more and the driver explained what had happened: "Apologies for the lengthy delay but the staff at Wimbledon were unwilling to accept the dog as they thought it was a Pit Bull terrier. I managed to persuade them that it was in fact a Staffordshire and they have locked it in a cage at the station overnight."

6 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Not thast long ago even BR staff would have known the difference.

11:38 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Très Anglais!

1:04 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I'm not sure I could tell the difference, if I'm honest. I know what a pit bull terrier looks like, but not a Staffordshire.

6:51 am  
Blogger Gone Back South said...

I wonder who the little pooch belongs to - it'll probably end up in the dog rescue shelter. Kind of the driver to look out for the little mutt though!

2:49 pm  
Blogger Mopsa said...

I really should start watching the news again if there are gems like this on it.

8:10 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Only in Britain!!

11:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home