Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Up but not yet running

Apologies for the lack of blogs and many thanks for all your messages of goodwill. My colleagues assured me that I would be on a high after all the morphine during my operation but in fact it made me very sick. The hospital then sent me home with a bag of boxes and instructions to take up to 30 pills a day! These really laid me low and after three days I decided to go on a pill strike and felt much better. I rang the doctor who proceeded to scream at me and insist that I should at the very minimum take the antibiotics. Friends very kindly sent me flowers but the house began to look like a funeral parlour so when somebody else said they were going to post me a bunch I begged them not to! Today I am feeling a great deal better and would have gone to work, had it not been for the snow.

7 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Ha! You effete southerners. Snow? You've no idea! For example, we in Glasgow have ... er... none.
Glad you are feeling better.

10:15 am  
Blogger Mopsa said...

Enjoy the snow through the window, wrap up cosy and indulge - you don't have many opportunities for justified duvet days!

10:55 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Glad you are back, WW. Be a good WW now and follow doctor's orders. And don't go back to work too soon! Love from Simi and me in Sicily xx

1:16 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Just surfaced from having flu.
I hope all is well now with you and that you are on the road to recovery.
I agree with KL. Have a glass or two of Champagne every day. Does the trick. I am sure your employer would understand.

11:04 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Hi All and thank you again for your good wishes. The champagne tonic sounds good but sadly I'm having a dry month. 1 March then...

5:03 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Thank Goodness February is a short month!

6:28 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Welcome back WW, I hope the operation was a success.

9:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home