Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Death by bombes


I made a bombe the other day. I do not have a bombe mould so I was reduced to lining a glass bowl with homemade milk chocolate ice cream, freezing it, respreading it to the top of the bowl before it was completely frozen, refreezing it, filling the centre with my dark chocolate ice cream and refreezing it. The problem was getting it out of the bowl for my belated St George's Day feast. I loosened the sides with a knife but it would not come out. I banged the bowl with my fist. It would not budge. I asked my boyfriend to apply his force to it and, behold, it emerged. Useful things, bombe moulds...and boyfriends.

6 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Should have tried popping into warm water..... and yes, boyfriends are useful chaps (in general)

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Mr Eurodog said...

No need to worry about a belated St George's day because here in Georgia it is celebrated today (May 6th) and again on November 23rd by the orthodox church. Today all men with the name George (90% of the population) are feted, and in November everyone goes to church.

9:46 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

That's a good solution, KL!

How very funny, Mr Eurodog, I hope you were also feted!

9:03 am  
Blogger kinglear said...

ED - I'm sure I shouldn't use that. My Bro in Law used to work in Tbilisi, and we visited him there a couple of times and had great fun, especially as we avoided death by a) car crash b) shooting or c) drinking too much. Loved it! Especially the signs saying we had to leave firearms at the door... It's why we always ate upstairs with a concrete floor beneath us...

1:00 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

They look lovely. Great to see photos here!

10:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why you need a bombe mould.
Metal/good conductor of heat from hot water/easy unmoulding!

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home