Monday, January 09, 2012

Proposal of the day


Robert Vickrey is Director of Romance at Royal Palms Resort in Arizona. He says "Many of our guests come here wanting to propose. We work to create the setting. We might use champagne, candles, rose petals and flamenco guitars to create one of our 'Via Capello' private dining experiences in our gardens or our old bell tower. I've released doves as couples renew their vows and set off fireworks as she says yes. As Director of Romance, I've never seen a proposal refused but it did happen when I was maitre d'. The guy had the kitchen create a dessert with 'Will you marry me?' written in chocolate. They'd only known each other a few weeks and her expression said it all; there was total silence."

5 Comments:

Blogger Angus said...

"Director of Romance ". Now , that's a real job title.

9:56 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Only in Arizona. Felt quite ill reading this.

1:30 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

LOL Angus & ED!

2:48 pm  
Anonymous kinglear said...

I found myself engaged when I asked the present Mrs. Lear if she liked Church weddings.....

8:19 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

"Director of Romance" - what a job!

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home