Friday, May 16, 2014

Battles


I visited my father who's in hospital for a blood transfusion. The ward doctor asked him some questions:
"Where are you now?"
"I've no idea!"
"Who's the Prime Minister?"
"I can't remember his name."
"Which year is it?"
"1993?"
"What time is it?"
"Spring."
"What were the dates of the First World War?"
"Did it begin in 1939?"
"Can you count backwards from 20 to 1?"
"No."
The doctor had run out of questions so I asked a couple:
"What year was the Battle of Bannockburn?"
"1314."
"What year was Crecy?"
"1346."
I smiled at the doctor.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angus said...

Wonderful.

5:00 am  
Anonymous kinglear said...

The others are all too near at hand....please give him my best

1:11 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Thank you KL - I shall.

9:37 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Dear man!

4:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home